Until 1849 Klosterholte and Haverbeck belonged together with Noedike, Schwefingen, Varloh, Bramhar, Teglingen, Bueckelte, Lehrte and Helte to the juridical district Osterbrock, which had a size of around 90 square kilometres. Due to financial difficulties Meppen already decided on land consolidation in 1763. However, they were not successful because their financial claims were too high. Finally, Osterbrock's land consolidation was only finished in 1849, while Gelsbruch completed it in 1846.
The farming community Klosterholte-Haverbeck became independent on November 24, 1820, when the British-Hanoverian government announced that each community should have its own mayor. They should be in charge for three years and their successors were to be elected. The oldest electoral register of Klosterholte-Haverbeck dates from December 10, 1877, and contains names of 21 people who re-elected Hermann Gerdes as mayor. A handbook from 1897 illustrates which offices existed in Klosterholte. Mayor was Thyen (also called Schulte), his assistant was Sand, orphan counsellor was Binker and Schulte worked as meat inspector. Due to reforms Honigfort and Gelsbruch became a part of the Klosterholte county in 1935.
According to a population census Klosterholte had 202 inhabitants in 1935. The Engelberts-Wald county, where only the ranger and his family lived, decided to become a part of Bramhar.
Today Bernhard Triphaus is mayor.
- << Prev