Like Kreyenborg, another noble residence of the family von Langen, which was located in the village centre, has vanished. Claus von Langen of Haseluenne, a son of Engelberts and Catharines (nee von Clae) of Westkreyenborg, founded the estate at a run-down place in the middle of the sixteenth century. "Residence Lehrte" had to pay 10% of their earnings to Lehrte and 5% to Small Stavern. Family von Marels acquired the estate at the turn to the eighteenth century and still owned it in 1771. In1802 Heinrich Jansen, Franz Schleper, Herm. Grote and Jan Bernd Hillen bought parts of the property. The inheritance of Residence Lehrte was split among the following persons in 1885: Hermann Thalken, Bernhard Thole, Bernhard Steinkamp, Bernhard H. Winkler, Bernhard Barenkamp, Joseph Schulte, Gerhard H. Gerdes, Ww. El. Bruemmer, Joh. Heinrich Droste and Heinrich Joseph Schleper. A sculpture made of sandstone on the west side of the Schulte farm (in the street Laurentiusstrasse) is the only evidence of the former estate. Furthermore, a cross made of stone from the eighteenth century indicates the place where Lehrte's cultural centre (a chapel with a school attached) was located in 1893. In 1892 a half-timbered chapel combined with a school, located 200 metres south of this place on the so-called Chapel Hill, was closed down. As early as 1703 the local priest of B. had celebrated services there on the main religious feast days of the church year. He financed these by using chapel funds from Kotten Schomaker and contributions he received from a field owned by the miller from Lehrte. A chapel was first mentioned in Lehrte in 1603. A converted, former Calvinistic sexton, taught there. For many centuries the people from Lehrte had to walk 5 kilometres through the impassable Hase valley and cross the river by ferry in Bokeloh in order to get to church. Only in 1924 Lehrte, together with Bueckelte, gained independence from Bokeloh and got its own priest. Since 1969 both villages have formed a congregation that is independent from Bokeloh.
However, because of the current shortage of priests the priest of Haseluenne leads both congregations. In 1770 sons of farmers who had been educated by the church and knew how to read and write started teaching in the school on Chapel Hill. When the new schoolhouse was built in 1893, the state took over the school administration from the church. Today, children from Lehrte and Bueckelte attend primary school in a building with 4 classes that was constructed in 1957 and then continue their education in Haseluenne. Since 1973 preschool children attend a nursery school in the village. Until some years after the end of the Second World War the mill in Lehrte was very famous in the entire region. It not only served Lehrte but also Bueckelte, Haverbeck, Klosterholte, Helte and Huden for many centuries with flour, bran and brown bread. The refiner and two ovens still exist on the estate of the last miller Steinkamp. Here, on the highest point of the region (23 meters above sea level) a turnable windmill was located until 1927. A mill at the river Hase, which belonged to estate Kreyenborg, dates back to 1450. After the land distribution in 1885, Lehrte grew significantly. While the farms were located closely to each other in the village centre until then, the 437 hectares large Lehrter field was then developed and populated. Three quarters of this area was heathland and was used as sheep pastures. Wool and wool production became an important source of revenue. Increasing herds led to overgrazing and wind covered acres with drifting sand, therefore the government decided to protect farming by building dams and planting trees. Due to these additional efforts, many farmers handed the sandy fields over to their farm labourers extremely cheaply. The use of fertilizers, however, encouraged farmers to cultivate more and more nearby wasteland. Around 1930 the settlement Lehrter Field developed after hard work of the association for settlements of Lower Saxony.